Hannah Yelin April 30 at 3:51pm
Why do you think that women should be forced through pregnancy and childbirth against their will? Just because a woman happens to be pregnant doesn’t mean that she’s mature or responsible enough to care for the life growing inside of her. And do you really want an immature, irresponsible woman to be in charge of the life of an innocent fetus? I mean, what if the fetus ends up being poisoned by drugs and/or alcohol, or what if it ends up being starved to death because its mother has an eating disorder? Or what if, after it’s born, its mother ends up abusing it and beating it to death? Seriously, I know it’s hard to confront the fact that there are so many sick, messed-up people in the world who can’t care about lives other than their own (including the life of an innocent child), but ignoring that fact won’t make it go away. You have to face the facts that sometimes death is preferable to life. That’s why people kill themselves, and that’s why abortions are necessary: because not all lives are worth living.
Paul Marcel April 30 at 4:49pm
1. A woman doesn’t “happen” to be pregnant. She chooses to be by either a purposeful action or by not acting to prevent pregnancy in 99% of the time.
2. If she is not mature enough to care for a child, then one she shouldn’t be having sex, two if having sex should be using contraception. If she still gets pregnant, then she can put the child up for adoption to the many waiting loving families that would give the child a wonderful life.
3. Again, the poisoning of a child in the womb with drugs or alcohol is the purposeful act that the woman chooses. She can simply choose not to do these acts of abuse to the child and herself.
4. Eating disorders are less than .01% of the population and that includes males. Statistically, this is extremely rare AND she can choose to eat so starving the child would be a purposeful choice.
5. A lot of “what ifs”. But, to address the question, the mother can give the child up for adoption instead of abusing him/her if she doesn’t want the baby.
6. “I know it’s hard to confront the fact that there are so many sick, messed-up people in the world who can’t care about lives other than their own” which is exactly what an abortion is. It is the ultimate act of selfishness, that killing a child is a easier option than accepting responsibility for the original act of sex.
7. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES is death preferable to life. Only God has the right to terminate a life as we are His. This applies to both the child and the adult.
8. Abortions are NEVER necessary other than the very few instances where the mother and child would die if the pregnancy was not terminated. And this is a very sad thing as well.
9. EVERY LIFE IS WORTH LIVING. That is why God granted life to each person, born and yet to be born.
10. Abortion can not be justified by a single thing you wrote and is murder. In His Word, the Holy Bible, God says: “Though shall not kill / murder.” He further says in 2 Kings 14:6, 6 Yet he did not put the children of the assassins to death, in accordance with what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses where the LORD commanded: “Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.”
Why are Muslims Afraid of the Congressional Radicalization Hearings?
Having read the article below, I am at a loss as to why Muslims are in such opposition to these hearings. My only thought is they are in opposition because the TRUTH regarding their religion’s tenets, the true nature of Islam’s founder, will be revealed. In that Islam is NOT a religion of peace, that it is in fact a religion of hate, violence, subjegation, oppression, and death is most likely what they are afraid to be revealed. They may lie to America, which Islam’s founder taught them to do to deceive the infidels (all non-Muslims), but the truth is out there and it is coming to the light.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
The one true God and His Son Jesus Christ, not the false god of Islam.
A number of activities taking place next week are setting the stage for a confrontation between the Muslim American community and those who have reservations about its presence in the U.S. Congressman Peter King (R-NY), chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, has scheduled a congressional hearing on the “radicalization” of Muslim Americans on March 10. In response, Muslims and Arab Americans in New York and Washington D.C. will be demonstrating about what they see as an attack on their civil rights. Meanwhile, opponents of Park51 are rolling out a “documentary” nationwide about the proposed project to build an Islamic Cultural Center in lower Manhattan.
From the outset, many Muslims and Arab Americans have opposed Rep. King’s plan to hold hearings on, “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and that Community’s Response.” Over 80 people of different faiths from his district on Long Island, including Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, and interfaith leaders sent a letter to King urging him to cancel the hearings.
“These diverse faith leaders believe the singling out of the Muslim community undermines fundamental American values and is counterproductive to improving national security,” the letter said.
After Rep. King turned rebuffed their calls, Muslim and Arab American communities decided to raise their voices on the streets of New York, Washington D.C. and other cities across the country.
On Sunday March 6, a broad coalition of over 75 interfaith, nonprofit, governmental, and civil liberties groups are scheduled to rally “in support of equitable civil rights for all Americans” in New York’s Times Square.
The Muslim Peace Coalition has also announced a rally and march scheduled for April 9 at Union Square in New York. The slogan of this demonstration will be “Standing Up Against Islamophobia, War and Terrorism.”
According to the House Homeland Security Committee’s chairman the hearing is needed to explore terror threats posed by radical American Muslims.
“[Due to] The measures taken after 9/11, al Qaeda has realized the difficulty it faces in launching attacks against our homeland from overseas. Thus it has adjusted its tactics and is now attempting to radicalize and recruit from within our country. In the last two years alone more than 50 Americans have been charged with terror related crimes,” Rep. King said in a letter responding to Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Ranking Minority Member of the committee on Homeland Security.
In its email to members of the Muslim American community, the Muslim Peace Coalition wrote, “Democracy is not a spectator sport and Muslims are not a football to be thrown around. We are people with rights and responsibility to speak up.”
Regarding homegrown terrorism, the Muslim Peace Coalition asked Rep. King to hold a hearing on the Arizona shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. They also suggested he ask the FBI for statistics on the profiles of the two million first time gun owners in the USA. “Who are these people and why are they buying guns. What is their faith?”
“The hearings will send the wrong message and alienate American Muslims instead of partnering with them, potentially putting their lives at risk by inciting fear and enmity against them,” the coalition stated in its statement about the Times Square rally. “Organizers of this rally believe one can be a loyal Muslim as well as a loyal American without conflict, and a great number of our fellow Americans support this view.”
Amidst the background of a growing controversy between the Muslim American community and the chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, a new documentary produced by the leading opponents of the Park51 Islamic Cultural Center, often dubbed the “Ground Zero Mosque,” is being shown around the country. At a recent screening in a church near the proposed site in downtown Manhattan, Pamela Geller, one of the producers of the documentary, vowed to continue her efforts to stop the project.
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- The Islam Bomb
- Islamicized Sweden Has Declared War on the Jews
- Beck Breaks Exclusive Information on Saudi National Once Considered a Person of Interest in Boston Bombings
- FBI Informant Claims Taliban Members Are Living In America
- The Home Counties girl training female suicide bombers for Al Qaeda
- Boko Haram Muslim Terrorists Murder More Than 1,500 Christians and Destroy 400 Churches
- UK: Jihad terror plotters who wanted to carry out another 9/11 and outdo 7/7 will be free by July
- Jihad Movement leader calls for applying Sharia
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam