New Jersey, the Garden State, has just taken its first step toward becoming the Sharia State, with Governor Christie’s nomination of Sohail Mohammed, an attorney to detained terrorist suspects, to a Superior Court judgeship in Passaic County. The Sohail nomination continues Christie’s unfortunate pandering to the American Muslim Union and the Islamic Center of Passaic County.
Passaic County has the second largest Muslim population in the country. And the Islamic Center of Passaic County is the state’s largest mosque, and it’s the only one run by an an Imam who was a member of the Hamas terrorist organization. But when the United States government attempted to deport Mohammed Qatanani, New Jersey’s pols and wannabe pols like Christie, quickly came to his aid. Despite the fact that Mohammed Qatanani was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, the organization that is behind both Al Qaeda and Hamas, despite his own guilty plea to being a member of Hamas, and despite the fact that even in the United States, he had defended a charity that provided funds to children of suicide bombers (this is done as an incentive to reassure terrorists that if they die their families will be taken care of), Qatanani was not deported.
The pioneering terrorism researcher, Steve Emerson called it, “a disgrace and an act of pure political corruption”. He stated, “I know for certain that Christie and the FBI SAC had access to information about Qatanani’s background, involvement with and support of Hamas.” Defending Qatanani required Christie to pit himself against the Department of Homeland Security, which wanted him deported. But the Department of Homeland Security wasn’t running for office in New Jersey. Christie was.
The first Imam of the Islamic Center of Passaic County, Mohammad El-Mezain, was convicted of funneling money to Hamas. El-Mezain had actually boasted of raising almost 2 million dollars for Hamas. And his replacement, Qatanani, actually was a member of Hamas. An ordinary politician might have been forgiven for not knowing this, but Christie was the US Attorney for New Jersey. It’s absolutely impossible that he would not have known the background of the Islamic Center of Passaic County. Yet Christie attended a Ramadan dinner, in the same place where terrorists had fundraised, and kissed Qatanani on the cheek.
Now Christie has nominated Sohail Mohammed, Qatanan’s former lawyer, to a Superior Court judgeship. Sohail Mohammed is a board member of the American Muslim Union, an organization that has interlocking leadership with groups that have fundraised for Hamas and hosted a Hamas speaker. The American Muslim Union is closely interlinked with Qatanani’s Islamic Center of Passaic County.
Sohail Mohammed defended suspected terrorist detainees and was the go-to man for local and national media looking for a good quote. He lobbied against the use of both ‘Islamic’ in descriptions of Islamic terrorists, condemned the television show 24 for depicting Muslim terrorists and made an appearance outside the Qatanani trial. After the massacre of a Coptic Christian family, Sohail Mohammed tried to have some Copts investigated for opposing Muslim attendance at their funeral. And most importantly, Sohail Mohammed was Qatanani’s original lawyer when the government began its case against him.
So after helping Mohammed Qatanani escape deportation, Christie then nominated his lawyer to a Superior Court judgeship. Sohail is the second Muslim Superior Court judge in New Jersey after Hany Mawla. And if you want a preview of New Jersey’s future, you can see it in Judge Hany Mawla conducting the swearing in ceremony for Mayor Mohamed T. Khairullah in Passaic County’s Prospect Park borough. And the opening prayer for the event is delivered by none other than Imam Qatanani, leading a prayer in the name of Allah.
There’s still an American flag in place and the pledge of allegiance is recited, but those are symbols masking the hijacking taking place underneath the red, white and blue.
Some might compare the situation in Passaic County to France with its “no go zones” where the local authorities and non-Muslims cannot enter, but it’s actually a good deal worse. The government and the judiciary is being taken over, small pieces of Muslim ruled territory are being carved out and expanded with the support of the state’s leading politicians, who trade political support and campaign contributions for something dangerously close to treason. It’s not just New Jersey. America is being carved up this way, piece by piece…
Franklin Graham is the son of Billy Graham — arguably the best known Evangelical Christian leader in the U.S.
2001-NOV-16: According to MSNBC, Franklin Graham appeared on the NBC Nightly News, commenting on Islam. He allegedly said: “We’re not attacking Islam but Islam has attacked us. The God of Islam is not the same God. He’s not the son of God of the Christian or Judeo-Christian faith. It’s a different God, and I believe it [Islam] is a very evil and wicked religion.” This statement is confusing because he seems to imply that Jews believe that Jesus is the son of God — a belief that is contrary to historical Jewish belief. He continued: “I don’t believe this is a wonderful, peaceful religion. When you read the Koran and you read the verses from the Koran, it instructs the killing of the infidel, for those that are non-Muslim.” When asked by NBC News to clarify his statement, Graham repeated his charge that Islam, as a whole, is an evil. “It wasn’t Methodists flying into those buildings, it wasn’t Lutherans. It was an attack on this country by people of the Islamic faith.”
In his book: “The Name”, he wrote that: “Islam — unlike Christianity — has among its basic teachings a deep intolerance for those who follow other faiths.”
2002-SEP: During an interview with Beliefnet.com, he said that after the terrorist attacks: “there was this hoo-rah around Islam being a peaceful religion — but then you start having suicide bombers, and people start saying, ‘Wait a minute, something doesn’t add up here.’ “
2002-OCT-28: ABCNEWS.com commented that the “Virginia-based Family Policy Network, encouraged members to ‘thank Franklin Graham for his faithfulness to Christ in the face of criticism.’ “
Benny Hinn proclaimed to thousands of Christians at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX that “We are on God’s side. This is not a war between Arabs and Jews. It’s a war between God and the devil.” Several conservative Christian ministers from the Dallas area, who shared the podium, clapped and nodded their approval. Later, a few of them said that the line between Christians and Muslims is the difference between good and evil.
J. Don George, senior pastor of Calvary Temple in Irving, TX, accompanied Hinn on stage. He said: “Our faith is in Jesus Christ, and the Muslim community does not accept Jesus and God, and therefore we’re at odds with Muslims….Any religion or ideology that refuses to acknowledge the lordship of Jesus Christ could be typified as a war against Satan.”
Paul Mills, pastor of Arlington Faith Chapel, said that Muslims would find Hinn’s statement inappropriate. However, their complaints would be irrelevant because Jesus is the only way to heaven. He said: “The religion [of Islam] is a false religion as far as we believe.”
Brent Arterbury, pastor of Life Church in Haltom City, said that he agrees that Christians are engaged in a spiritual war. He said: “From a biblical standpoint, I have to agree that there is good and there is evil. From that standpoint, I believe what he said is in line with what the Scriptures say.” He added that Islam “is a very destructive type of faith….They’re a revengeful people….We as Christians don’t despise the Muslims. We love them. We just don’t like what they stand for.”
Pat Robertson broadcast a message during his Christian Broadcasting Network news program on 2002-NOV-11. According to the media: “In his remarks, Christian preacher and conservative commentator Pat Robertson said Muslims were bent on exterminating Jews…” 8 Robertson is reported as saying: “Somehow I wish the Jews in America would wake up, open their eyes and read what is being said about them…This is worse than the Nazis…Adolf Hitler was bad, but what the Muslims want to do to the Jews is worse.” In an apparent reaction to both Jewish and Muslim anti-hate groups, he said that those who had criticized him in the past — people whom he called “so called doves” — did not understand the situation. He continued: “If I say something that Islam is, you know, an erroneous religion, then I get criticized by the Anti-Defamation League. You just want to say: ‘When are you going to open your eyes and see who your enemy is.’ Those people want to destroy Jews.’ “
“Jerry Fallwell called the founder and revered prophet of Islam, Muhammed, a ‘terrorist’ on CBS’s ’60 Minutes’ on Sunday, October 6, 2002.
At about 39 minutes into a 2002-NOV-10 broadcast, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart referred to the Prophet Muhammad as a “sex deviant,” “pervert,” and “pedophile.”
On a 2002-DEC-13 religious commentator Chuck Baldwin wrote (in part): “President Bush has repeatedly demonstrated colossal ignorance of Biblical truth. The latest example of this ineptness occurred just recently as Bush gushed over the Muslim religion during Ramadan.”
“While worshiping at the Islamic Center of Washington, Bush remarked, ‘Islam traces its origins back to God’s call on Abraham. And Ramadan commemorates the revelation of God’s word in the Holy Koran to the prophet Mohammed.’ “
“Does Mr. Bush not realize that the Holy Bible, not the Koran, is the one and only written revelation of God to man? Is he that ignorant of Christian teaching? Or, was he deliberately denying Christian doctrine in order to curry favor with his Muslim hosts?…”
“Even more disturbing is the manner in which Christian ministers have accepted Bush’s apostasy. At the national level, only Pat Robertson and Franklin Graham seem willing to correctly identify the Muslim religion for what it is: a religion of violence and hatred….”
These are many elements of pagan worship that Muhammad grafted directly into Islam virtually unchanged.
The symbols, the temples, the rituals of modern Islam were practiced by polytheists before Muhammad was born. Islam is Repackaged Polytheism. “Polytheism with a monotheistic veil”. This cannot be said about either Judaism or Christianity.
Many elements of pagan worship that Muhammad grafted directly into Islam virtually unchanged.
#1. The Kabah was of pagan origin.
1. Many local pagan sanctuaries like the Kaba at Mecca.
2. Muhammad’s tribe was in charge of “Allah’s” sanctuary in Mecca.
3. “In northern Arabia, certain tribes looked after particular sanctuaries.” (Britannica, Arabian Religions, p1059, 1979)
4. Not only do both the Holy Bible and archaeology contradict this claim, the sound Hadith itself makes it impossible for Abraham and Ishmael to be the ones who built the Kabah: “I said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Which mosque was built first?” He replied, “Al-Masjid-ul-Haram.” I asked, “Which (was built) next?” He replied, “Al-Masjid-ul-Aqs-a (i.e. Jerusalem).” I asked, “What was the period in between them?” He replied, “Forty (years).” He then added, “Wherever the time for the prayer comes upon you, perform the prayer, for all the earth is a place of worshipping for you.”" (Hadith, Sahih al-Bukhari 55:636, Narrated Abu Dhaar). This Hadith affirms that the Kaba was actually built long after Abraham and Ishmael had died. Abraham lived about 2000 BC and the Temple was built by Solomon in about 958-951 BC. This implies that the Kabah was built approximately 998-991 BC. If Muhammad is correct, then the Quran is wrong. But if the Quran is correct in stating that Abraham and Ishmael built the Kaba, then the Hadith is wrong. Yet, if this particular Hadith is wrong then this throws into question the authenticity of the entire Hadith collections, especially Bukhari’s collection which is considered to be the most reliable and authentic collection
#2. The Pilgrimage to Mecca
1. “After the Pilgrimage, in Pagan times, the pilgrims used to gather in assemblies in which the praises of ancestors were sung. As the whole of the Pilgrimage rites were spiritualized in Islam, so this aftermath of the Pilgrimage was also spiritualized. (The holy Qur’an, text, translation and commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. 1872-1952, First published in 1938, 1973 ed. p. 80, footnote 223)
2. “temples of the moon gods, with rituals similar in many details to those of the pre-Islamic and Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca.” (Britannica, Arabia, History of, p1045, 1979)
3. “A principal public celebration of the Arabians was an annual pilgrimage, in which tribes who shared a common bond of worship of a deity at a specific sanctuary would reunite there. A pattern of ceremonial procession around the baetyl [the sacred stone] was common, and this pattern may be seen in the surviving Islamic custom of the pilgrimage to Mecca.” (Britannica, Arabian Religions, p1059, 1979)
4. Muhammad merely borrowed this wide spread polytheistic worship style and adopted it into Islam as a central rite. Same polytheistic pilgrimage under the disguise of a modified monotheism.
5. It is true that in the hajj many pre-Islamic practices were retained, but as has been shown above, the origin of these practices is traceable to Abraham, and every one of them carries with it a spiritual significance. (The Religion of Islam, Maulana Muhammad Ali, p. 448, 1936, Muslim).
6. Is it not unfortunate that so many Orientalists have misinterpreted the Muslim’s veneration of the Ka’bah, the Black Stone and the pilgrimage rites as a whole, imagining them as some kind of idol worship, or dismissing the rites as silly, ridiculous or merely the relics of idolatrous superstition? Another faulty assumption is that the rites of pilgrimage were remnants of a pre-Islamic cult included by the Prophet in an attempt to reconcile the idolatrous Meccans with the faith. (The Sublime Qur’an and Orientalism, Mohammad Khalifa, p. 140, 1983, Muslim).
7. “The Arabs during the pre-Islamic period used to practice certain things that were included in the Islamic Sharia. They, for example, did not marry both a mother and her daughter. They considered marrying two sisters simultaneously to be a most heinous crime. They also censured anyone who married his stepmother, and called him dhaizan. They made the major [hajj] and the minor [umra] pilgrimage to the Ka’ba, performed the circumambulation around the Ka’ba [tawaf], ran seven times between Mounts Safa and Marwa [sa'y], threw rocks and washed themselves after intercourse. They also gargled, sniffed water up into their noses, clipped their fingernails, plucked their hair from their armpits, shaved their pubic hair and performed the rite of circumcision. Likewise, they cut off the right hand of a thief.” (Al-Milal wa al-Nihil, Muhammad ibn ‘Abdalkarim al-Sharastani, Muslim, vol. 2 chapter on the opinions of the pre-Islamic Arabs, as quoted in al-Fadi, Is the Qur’an Infallible?, p. 122, non-Muslim)
#3. Praying 5 times a day
1. Polytheistic worshippers prayed 5 times a day towards their local kaba’s.
2. “The Sabeans have five prayers similar to the five prayers of the Muslims. Others say they have seven prayers, five of which are comparable to the prayers of the Muslims with regard to time [that is, morning, noon, afternoon, evening and night; the sixth is at midnight and the seventh is at forenoon]. It is their practice to pray over the dead without kneeling down or even bending the knee. They also fast for one lunar month of thirty days; they start their fast at the last watch of the night and continue till the setting of the sun. Some of their sects fast during the month of Ramadan, face Ka’ba when they pray, venerate Mecca, and believe in making the pilgrimage to it. They consider dead bodies, blood and the flesh of pigs as unlawful. They also forbid marriage for the same reasons as do Muslims.” (Bulugh al-’Arab fi Ahwal al-Arab, Muhammad Shukri al-Alusi, Vol 1, p 121-122, Muslim)
1. Prior to Islam the people would pray 5 times a day facing Mecca (
2. The Encyclopedia of Islam p. 303) Worshippers in pagan Sabian religion that worshipped stars were “obliged to pray three times a day” (Preliminary Discourse to the Koran, Sale, 1801)
1. At first, Muhammad prayed towards Jerusalem, but when he was rejected by the Jews, started directing his prayers towards Mecca. Today, monotheistic Muslims pray 5 times a day towards Mecca to Allah. Muhammad grafted this pagan practice into Islam.
#4. Crescent moon symbol
1. The crescent moon symbol was used since 2100 BC in paganism. Polytheism has extensively used the symbol of the crescent moon as far back as Abraham as hundreds of archeological examples verify.
2. All the Arabs at the Kaba in Mecca worshipped the moon god Hubal.
3. Crescent moon is the official symbol of Islam on top of every Mosque in the world and beside the Kaba on top of the Maqam Ibrahim! It is the last remaining polytheistic remnant of ancient moon worship under a new sanitized monotheistic veil.
#5. “The Run”
1. Pagans performed a fast walk between As-Safa and Al-Marwah.
2. Muhammad redefined the meaning while retaining the ritual.
3. Islamic pilgrimage requires a fast walk between As-Safa and Al-Marwah.
#7. “The Throw”
1. The polytheistic pilgrimages required throwing stones at the devil.
2. Muhammad retained this concept where the Islamic pilgrimage requires throwing pebbles at three fixed points in Mina, which represent evil. The pilgrim throws rocks over his shoulder at the three stone pillars which he has been told will frighten away the “djinn” or demons which the stone pillars represent.
#8. The Black Stone
1. “A principal sacred object in Arabian religion was the stone
2. , either a rock outcropping or a large boulder, often a rectangular or irregular black basaltic stone … ” (Britannica, Arabian Religions, p1059, 1979) “Of the numerous baetyls, the best known is the Black Stone of the Ka’bah at Mecca, which became the central shrine object of Islam.” (Britannica, Arabian Religions, p1059, 1979) The black stone is believed to be a meteorite that struck the earth at the time of Adam.
3. “Moslems do not worship the Black Stone, but only show special reverence and veneration for its dignity and they kiss it only after the example of the Prophet and to keep their Covenant with God to obey His Will and avoid His disobedience.” (The Spirit of Islam, Tabbarah, p. 173, Muslim).
4. “The kissing of the meteorite is a firm practice in Islamic law because Muhammad did it. You must not ask about the wisdom behind that because this rite is (an expression) of worship in spite of the obscurity of its wisdom” (Legal Opinions, Sheikh Sha’rawi, pt. 3, p. 167, Muslim)
#9. Holy Days: Friday & Fasting during Ramadan
1. Polytheistic pilgrimage required fasting for the month that begins and ends with the crescent moon for each pagan god.
2. During the holy month of Ramadan (November) Muslims begin and end month long fast exactly the same time and manner as the polytheism that pre-dated Muhammad.
3. Muslim practices such as gathering on Friday and the four sacred months of Islam were also pre-Islamic customs: “In Bulugh al-’Arab fi Ahwal al-’Arab, we read, ‘The four sacred months, Rajab, Dhu al-Qa’da, Dhu al-Hijja and Muharram, had been considered sacred during the pre-Islamic period [Jahiliya]. Raids, taking revenge, war, fighting and disputes were forbidden during them. If a man were to meet his enemy who killed his father or brother during these months, he would not quarrel with him… During the sacred months, [the people] were under restriction not to fight or make raids, and had to remove [their] spearheads as a sign that they would avoid fighting at all costs.’ Obviously, Islam borrowed the hallowing of these months from Pre-Islamic Arabs and introduced nothing new into the world.” (Is the Qur’an Infallible?, ‘Abdallah ‘Abd al-Fadi, Light of Life, , p. 127, non-Muslim)
#10. Abstinence during Pilgrimage
1. “Another practice that left its influence on Islam was ceremonial abstinence
2. . The South Arabian festival of Halfan was a moratorium on the use of weapons. Certain times were specified for fasting and abstention from sexual relations. Burnt offerings and sacrifices were common.” (Britannica, Arabian Religions, p1059, 1979) This identical pagan origin ceremonial abstinence is present today in Islam. Muhammad merely continued this pagan ritual and retained it in Islam.
1. “The verses of the Qur’an make it clear that the very name Allah existed in the Jahiliyya or pre-Islamic Arabia. Certain pagan tribes believed in a god whom they called ‘Allah’ and whom they believed to be the creator of heaven and earth and holder of the highest rank in the hierarchy of the gods. It is well known that the Quraish as well as other tribes believed in Allah, whom they designated as the ‘Lord of the House’ (i.e., of the Ka’ba)…It is therefore clear that the Qur’anic conception of Allah is not entirely new.” (A Guide to the Contents of the Qur’an, Faruq Sherif, (Reading, 1995), pgs. 21-22., Muslim)
#12. Praising Allah
1. “After the Pilgrimage, in Pagan times, the pilgrims used to gather in assemblies in which the praises of ancestors were sung. As the whole of the Pilgrimage rites were spiritualized in Islam, so this aftermath of the Pilgrimage was also spiritualized. It was recommended for pilgrims to stay on two or three days after the Pilgrimage, but they must use them in prayer and praise to God. See ii. 203 below.” (
The holy Qur’an, text, translation and commentary, by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. 1872-1952, First published in 1938, 1973 ed. p. 80, footnote 223, commenting on 2:200, “So when ye have accomplished your holy rites, celebrate the praises of God, as ye used to celebrate the praises of your fathers,- yea, with far more Heart and soul.”)
“Ah! dear friend, you little know the possibilities which are in you.”
Charles H. Spurgeon
If God asked you to be a missionary and to leave your home with little money and fly to South America when you spoke little Spanish, would you go? That is exactly what God asked untrained 19 year old Bruce Olson to do in 1959. Bruce tells an amazing story about how he landed in Venezuela and set out into the jungle to meet the Barí people. His efforts lead to him being shot with an arrow, getting very ill and being distrusted by the local people, but it later turned to him connecting with the locals and leading whole tribes to Christ. All because Bruce did what God called him to do.
This reminds me of when Andrew met Jesus for the first time and what his first response was. (John 1:35-42) Andrew is hanging out with John the Baptist the day after john had Baptized Jesus. “When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God!” John 1:36. Andrew was very excited when he heard this. The promised Messiah, revealed in over 300 Old Testament scriptures such as Isaiah 7:14, had arrived. Andrew knew that this day, this man was very significant. His response here is great. “The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ).” John 1:41.
You might be asking, “Who is Andrew?” Here are a few facts about him.
* He is Peter’s brother
* His name means “Manley” (probably born with hair on his chest)
* He was a Fisherman, outdoorsman, and a common laborer
* He would have been on the crew of Discovery’s Deadliest Catch
* He was a quiet man
* He is only mentioned twelve times in the bible with four of the times being grouped with other people
While few know much about Andrew, his life was lived leading others to Jesus. Andrew led Peter to Jesus, but he didn’t stop there. Later in John 12 a group of Greeks want to meet Jesus and went to Philip who was unsure what to do. Philip then went to Andrew who immediately led them all to meet Jesus. For him it was a no brainer. Everyone needed to know Jesus! While people like Andrew and Bruce serve to inspire us, very few of us follow their lead.
A few years ago the Lilly Endowment did a survey of 300,000 worshippers in 2,200 churches over 8 different denominations. They found that ¾ of churchgoers came because someone invited them to church. However, 54 percent of them have not invited anyone to church in the last year. Lifeway did a poll a couple of years ago and found that 67% of Americans would me more than willing to visit a church is they were invited by a family member and 56% of Americans would go if a friend invited them, but less than half the church invites people to church and I can guarantee that even less people talk about their relationship with Christ with people outside of the church.
The problem is that most church goers see telling people about Jesus a religious exercise, a chore, a responsibility and a duty. It is not that we don’t love Jesus; it’s that we don’t realize the eternal significance. Jesus tells us that “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6. We forget that if the people we love don’t love Jesus, they’re not going to heaven. This is not about the church reaching out, about you reaching out. Being a witness for Christ is not an option. Being a witness is what we are before what we do.
This week I encourage you to do these five things:
1. Ask God, through prayer, to show you the world through His eyes
2. Look for the invisible people who the world has forgotten
3. Do the unexpected and show compassion to those who need Chirst
4. Choose to love those around you with abandonment
5. Share Jesus. You must use words with your actions!
If you don’t know what to tell them then say this, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are separated from God for eternity, but God so loved the world he gave His one and only begotten son, who ever believes in him and accepts him as their savior, will not die and go to hell but have ever lasting life with God in heaven.”
a large Muslim presence in the United States unnecessarily increases the danger of terrorist attacks on American soil or on American airplanes.
It should not really be necessary to talk about this, nor should we have to document it at length. Please, do not waste our time with talk of Timothy McVeigh. Muslim attacks have taken place or have been intercepted before taking place time and time again in recent years against American citizens on American soil or airplanes, from 9/11 to Nidal Hasan to the Christmas underwear bomber to the plot against the fuel lines at JFK to a plot to bomb the subways in D.C. to the New Jersey Muslims planning to train abroad to commit terrorism at home–the list goes on and on and on. The most recent as of this writing is, of course, Somali immigrant Mohamed Osman Mohamud, the would-be Christmas tree bomber, but he won’t be anywhere near the last. Jihad Watch, with typical dark humor, refers to such terrorists as “misunderstanders of Islam,” and googling that phrase at Jihad Watch turns up a huge number of highly informative posts, a compendium of the acts and plans of those “misunderstanders” of the Religion of Peace here and abroad.
It is folly to try to tell us that this has nothing to do with Islam. This is not a matter of abstract argument. Tell it to the perpetrators, and let us know how that’s working out for you after a few more plots and attacks. And tell it to all the air travelers and victims who have paid the price for multiculturalism in loss of time, loss of privacy, and loss of freedom, not to mention loss of life.
Really, point I is almost too easy to substantiate. It is so easy to substantiate that the really religiously committed multiculturalist tacitly acknowledges it when, as in the case of General Casey, he implies that the deaths of Americans really don’t matter all that much, that non-discrimination is more important than saving lives. We should be willing to die for the religion of non-discrimination–no airport profiling, no sacrificing of diversity in the military, no matter what the cost. One blogger has said as much, calling on the people of the West to be “brave” by refusing profiling on airlines, because “it is more important to you to preserve an open and tolerant society than to survive this trip.”
II. We should disinvite Islam because too many Muslims in the West stubbornly refuse to assimilate or to assimilate fully and, by their refusal, succeed in changing and interrupting Western life in unacceptable ways.
The only difficulty in discussing this point is one of organization of the wealth of material available. First, there are the many relatively small incidents of assimilation refusal and Muslim bullying, but those relatively small incidents may not be small to those directly affected. They also add up.
–A Muslim woman brings a complaint against a gymnasium for not taking her side when she was interrupted in prayer by another woman trying to get past her to a locker.
–Somali meat packing workers have caused enormous problems by demanding that they all receive the same time off for prayer day after day, resulting in unfair treatment of other workers and interruption of the plant’s work.
–At George Mason University, Muslims have taken over the supposedly non-denominational “prayer room” and on one occasion refused to allow a Christian to pray the rosary there.
–Muslims have received the privilege of special religious footbaths, installed in state facilities, so that they can wash for prayer.
Under “miscellaneous and disturbing” we can file…
–A Muslim woman refuses to allow her face to be seen when she testifies in court, challenging the centuries-old Anglo legal principle that seeing the face is important for evaluating testimony. She sued over the judge’s refusal to allow her to testify with her face covered.
–A Muslim woman demands that the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan, make an exception for Muslim women to its standing security policy requiring that faces not be covered when traveling on public transportation. Grand Rapids caves and rescinds the rule.
–Muslim taxi drivers refuse to accept blind people with dogs.
–Muslim husbands in Western countries have put medical workers in intolerable positions by refusing to allow treatment of their wives by male doctors, even in emergency situations.
Under “serious problems” we can file…
–Medical workers demand that they be allowed to wear long sleeves, despite public health concerns.
–Muslims take over Paris streets during certain hours. A similar problem appears to be beginning in New York City now. Reportedly, the mayor of New York City has ordered that those clogging the streets with illegally parked vehicles for prayer not be ticketed.
–Attacks on Christian missionaries, preventing Christian missions work, that involve the police of a heavily Muslim town.
–Honor killings in the West (too many to list)
–Female genital mutilation in the West (many incidents)
–A fatwa against American citizen Molly Norris for angering Muslims, together with the presence of people in the U.S. who might carry it out, forcing her to go into hiding.
Americans have legitimate reasons not to want a population that brings these problems with it. There is nothing wrong with not wanting our streets clogged week after week with praying (not to mention belligerent) Muslims and their vehicles. There is nothing wrong with wanting Western rules of hygiene observed in hospitals. There is nothing wrong with wanting our factories to be able to continue to operate even when it is sundown during Ramadan. And there is certainly nothing wrong with not wanting our citizens forced into hiding by a murderous immigrant population.
Moreover, it is entirely legitimate for us to say that we simply do not want our police forces and our social workers to have to deal with problems so horrific and so alien as female genital mutilation and with cultural groups that carry out these mutilations in secret. Honor killings, too, ought to be something that “does not happen here.” The notion that our country should have a distinctive cultural quality and should be a haven from such practices is a good one and one of which we should not be ashamed.
But there is more than that. Last summer one author (Lydia) caused a great deal of shock by relating the issue of Muslim immigration to Christian parental rights. That post has been repeatedly denounced and even misunderstood. The point was not that liberals will come to like conservative Christians if we gang up on Muslims. The point was simply this: When one group of people abuses its freedoms, those freedoms become tenuous for other people. In our present, increasingly anti-Christian culture, the upside-down truth is that the people most likely to suffer are not those who are actually guilty of, say, threatening, abusing, and murdering their children for religious reasons but rather those who are entirely innocent, who adhere to a completely different religion that does not support such abuses, but who will be targets of opportunity for social workers once it becomes acceptable to say that our country has a growing problem with “religious fundamentalist” child abuse. Just as the refusal to profile in airlines and even ethnic quotas on stopping passengers mean that people who are extremely unlikely to be terrorists must submit tamely to humiliating and inappropriate pat-downs, body scans, and searches, so an increased awareness of Muslim abuse of parental authority, combined with a refusal actually to admit that Muslims are a special problem, is likely to result in increased persecution of innocent Christian families. The Melissa Busekros case in Germany illustrates this point quite well; German authorities specifically cited their interest in preventing the rise of “parallel societies” (a clear allusion to concerns about immigrant groups) as a reason for outlawing home schooling for everyone and for persecuting the completely German and mainstream Busekros family. Americans have a legitimate interest in not importing populations whose members are especially likely to abuse the freedoms that America offers. Doing so places those freedoms at risk.
The third type of objection to our importing these problems should be discussed as a partially independent point:
III. We should disinvite Islam because of the real danger that we will assimilate to Islam and change important things in our country that must not be changed. This will, among other things, make it difficult if not impossible to do any good for those who wish to leave Islam in the United States or who are victims within Muslim groups and families in the United States.
–I have already discussed above, as a very disturbing consequence of the development of unassimilated Muslim groups, the dangers to Christian freedom to evangelize. But it is especially important to emphasize the way in which the Dearborn police and mayor have become complicit in this problem. They have so internalized the norms of the Muslim populace that they consider the missionaries who simply engaged in peaceful conversations to be the problem, and they considered them to be the problem because the Muslims did not like their behavior. This means that, in effect, the City of Dearborn has assimilated to Islam in this area, not the other way around. What that means, in turn, is that it is now harder than it would otherwise be to evangelize the Muslims that do reside in Dearborn. Insofar as Muslim values are adopted by Western jurisdictions, our ability to help Muslims to (for example) leave Islam, understand the problems with Islam, and learn about Christianity is compromised. This is a point that too many Christians, concerned merely with reaching out to Muslims, do not understand. When too many Muslims are present, concentrated, and not well assimilated, you cannot help them. You will be stopped from doing so. Those who want to witness to or change Muslims have, therefore, an interest in limiting their numbers.
–This problem is particularly noticeable in the United Kingdom, where reports have surfaced of Muslims in the social work professions who betray women attempting to flee their abusive families. In a related and specific story, UK social workers attempted explicitly to dissuade a teenage girl from converting to Christianity, forbidding her to attend Christian activities, firing her Christian foster mother, and urging her to reconsider on the grounds of the danger to her from Muslims for converting. So much for the “helping professions.” It is obvious that the UK is losing its ability to help the victims of Islam in its midst and that it is losing this ability precisely because there are already so many Muslims in its midst! When you invite Muslims to your country and treat Islam as just another religion, this is an entirely natural and predictable result.
Repeatedly, in ostensibly Western countries, courts have either been asked or, even more disturbing, have agreed, to consider “cultural” excuses for outrageous Muslim behavior.
–In Canada, defense attorneys for a brother who murdered his sister and her fiance literally argued “provocation” in mitigation of his crime, attempting to reduce the crime to manslaughter. What was the provocation? The daughter’s bringing “dishonor” on the family by becoming engaged without the consent of her own male relatives and moving in with the family of her fiance. So the Western lawyers for a murderer in a Western country have deliberately attempted to get honor killings treated as mere manslaughter because they are honor killings.
–In Italy, a daughter was beaten by her parents and brother, but the sentence was struck down by the high court for “cultural” reasons on the grounds that the parents’ motivation had been for her own good and not out of anger.
–A German judge, later removed from the case, expressly relied on the Koran’s permission to beat wives in her denial of a fast-track divorce to an abused wife. It was the husband’s culture, you see, that he was permitted to beat his wife, and his wife was supposed to have taken that into account when she married him.
–In New Jersey, a judge refused to consider a husband guilty of spousal rape in a protective order case because his religion (Islam) teaches that he should have sexual access to his wife at all times. While the decision was struck down by a higher court, it is extremely disturbing that it should have been made at all.
Some would try to say that these courts or judges are just being “bad judges” or “jerks” or “insensitive to domestic violence,” and are not really enforcing sharia, as though it is illicit for Islam critics to mention sharia in these contexts at all. But these decisions expressly cite the religious beliefs of the Muslims involved, which are, like it or not, beliefs fostered by sharia. By deferring to these cultural beliefs and expectations, the courts are deferring to sharia whether they call it that or not. In America, it is entirely unacceptable that this should happen in any shape or form. It should not even need to be said, but laws against raping and beating wives and beating daughters, much less killing sisters, are good laws, and it should not make the slightest difference in a legal context to charges, sentencing, or other legal matters such as protective orders or divorce law if someone’s “culture” tells him that such behaviors are permitted. Western laws should not budge on these matters, yet they are budging.
The very existence of large populations or heavy concentrations that hold these cultural views exerts a tacit pressure on the legal system of a region to accommodate it. The mechanisms for this pressure are multiple. There is, of course, sheer fear and intimidation, but that is only the beginning. Mayors, police, prosecutors, judges, and social workers want to be perceived as culturally sensitive. Those tasked with enforcing laws rejected by a resistant immigrant population are likely to suffer from sheer fatigue and frustration. And ultimately, democracy takes over. Today’s immigrants are tomorrow’s citizens, and their children, born on American soil, are today’s citizens.
Muslim populations that do not assimilate produce members of the voting public who elect people who represent or at least defer to their values and who will appoint others who do the same. Where those values are destructive of important aspects of the American way of life, the result is disastrous.
This quoted summary is neither my opinion, nor do I necessarily agree wit all points OR the author’s proposed “solution”, but it does list a very accurate set of examples of Islam’s implementation of Sharia Law in the US and the West.
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- The Islam Bomb
- Islamicized Sweden Has Declared War on the Jews
- Beck Breaks Exclusive Information on Saudi National Once Considered a Person of Interest in Boston Bombings
- FBI Informant Claims Taliban Members Are Living In America
- The Home Counties girl training female suicide bombers for Al Qaeda
- Boko Haram Muslim Terrorists Murder More Than 1,500 Christians and Destroy 400 Churches
- UK: Jihad terror plotters who wanted to carry out another 9/11 and outdo 7/7 will be free by July
- Jihad Movement leader calls for applying Sharia
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam