Understanding Islam, mohammad and angelic behaviors of peace
Do Muslims have to live in a Islamic State? Can Muslims live in a Kufr State (non-Islamic or non-Muslim State), use the kufr system to defend themselves in the Kufr State? What is the difference between the concept of Ummah andQaumiyat (nation or community)?
Muslims residing in the Non-Muslim nation-state, can they be patriotic to their country? Is America a Christian State? What American Muslims should say if some one asks them that why are they in America?
Can American Muslims be loyal to America? Is there a clash of loyalty between Islam and America? Can American Muslims be proud Muslims and patriotic Americans at the same time? And is this permissible in Islam?
This video is beneficial for everyone- Muslims and not Muslims, Americans and not Americans, American Muslims and General Americans, Islamists, Nationalist and what ever “ists” you call yourself.
This video addresses the very important issue out in Public just like the Ulema (Islamic Religious Scholars) in early 1900′s did in South Asia. Indian Ulema went through these kinds of debates, discussion and discourses about being Muslims in the newly found concept of Nation-state.
Disagreement among the Indian Ulema resulted in mainly two groups. 1st group of Ulema supported the unified Indian, where Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Nadwiand Abul Kalam Azad were at the forefront. 2nd group of Ulema supported the Pakistan Movement, where Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani, Students of Mawlana Ashraf Ali Thanwi are famous names from famous Islamic SeminaryDarululoom Deoband, while Mawlana Mawdudi supported Pakistan Movement with caution towards the Muslim League.
Many other groups and movements in Pakistan and Middle East then sprang up around 1950′s that propagated skewed and unorthodox concepts about Shariahand Islamic State, those ideas have affected the thinking of Western Muslims and the Easterners since then.
This is a very good sign the Sheikh Yasir Qadhi came out in public and spoke intellectually on a topic that has been in long discussion for past half century and a very hot topic in online forums.
21 Responses to “American vs Muslim: Is there a clash of Identity” by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi
- Islamic Supremacist 911 Mega Mosque Imam Rauf’s “Muslim Leader of the Future” Hater, Anti-Semite, Jihadist (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- American Jihadi: A Muslim’s Loyalty Must Be To Islam, Not America (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Pamela Geller, Weekly WND Column, Defending the West “Muslim-Americans stand up for honor killing” (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Muslim site tells children become Muslim in secret, tell parents later (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
3 Comments »
- Admonish One Another
- Comment on Son’s Facebook regarding ObamaCare
- Can We Stop This Creeping Jihad?
- Terrorism in Egypt under Muslim Brotherhood is being rejected
- Baby Jihad or Jihad by birth rate
- Our Wives Are In Charge HVAC Service
- The Arab World Fears the ‘Safavid’ | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- Report: EU Backing Away from Blacklisting Hezbollah | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam