“As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12”
Recently I was thanking the Father for his mercy. And I began listing the sins he’d forgiven. “Remember the time I…” But I stopped. Something was wrong. It didn’t fit.
Does he remember?
Then I remembered. I remembered his words in Hebrews 8:12: “And I will remember their sins no more.” Wow!
God doesn’t just forgive, he forgets. He erases the board. He destroys the evidence. He burns the microfilm. He clears the computer. He doesn’t remember!
No, he doesn’t, but I do, you do. That horrid lie. The time you exploded in anger. That date. That jealousy. That habit. Spiteful specters that slyly suggest, “Are you really forgiven?”
Do you think God was teasing when he said, “I will remember your sins no more?” Of course you don’t. You and I just need an occasional reminder of God’s nature. His forgetful nature!
1 Comment »
- Admonish One Another
- Comment on Son’s Facebook regarding ObamaCare
- Can We Stop This Creeping Jihad?
- Terrorism in Egypt under Muslim Brotherhood is being rejected
- Baby Jihad or Jihad by birth rate
- Our Wives Are In Charge HVAC Service
- The Arab World Fears the ‘Safavid’ | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- Report: EU Backing Away from Blacklisting Hezbollah | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam