Everyone Knows America equals Freedom and Equality
Proof that even when someone has the wrong conclusion, they can acknowledge the truth that America was founded on and continues to be the greatest nation on earth. (The rest of the essay is incorrect assumptions and is therefore not included are worth reading in this post.)
by Dr. Abdul Cader Asmal
After the decline and fall of the British Empire, America became the guiding light to the nations of the world as the supreme example of democracy in action, with social justice, and equality before the law. America was a land of opportunity for all ( save for the significant minority of ex-slaves deprived of basic human rights). America thus became a magnet for those seeking political asylum, entrepreneurial opportunities, or just a better life. This concept developed at America’s inception when George Washington made the solemn pledge in 1790 to the fledgling Jewish community, ’To bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance’.
Undoubtedly the sustained efforts of many visionaries over our history culminated in the ‘American dream’ which envisages inclusiveness, fairness, justice and hope — not just for America, but with America’s ascendancy — for the rest of the world.
No comments yet.
- Admonish One Another
- Comment on Son’s Facebook regarding ObamaCare
- Can We Stop This Creeping Jihad?
- Terrorism in Egypt under Muslim Brotherhood is being rejected
- Baby Jihad or Jihad by birth rate
- Our Wives Are In Charge HVAC Service
- The Arab World Fears the ‘Safavid’ | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- Report: EU Backing Away from Blacklisting Hezbollah | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam