I think every parent, mom and dad, under ALL circumstances need to put the needs of their children first while they are growing up.
That is how it was intended by God.
Though I do mean needs, as in development and growth needs as well as love and financial needs.
What I see way too much of is giving into a child”s wants as the supposedly easiest way to pacify a child rather than actually being a parent.
My sons were given everything they needed to become good adult men. Their wants were not a big consideration (well, maybe at Christmas and birthdays) because I was raising them to be responsible adults and today they are because of this. No unwed babies, no drugs, no jail, college education for my eldest, good jobs, stable relationships, responsible members of society.
This is what it means to be a success as as a parent. (Not that some parents don’t do all in their power and the children still make poor or really bad choices, and that isn’t the parent’s fault.)
1 Comment »
- Admonish One Another
- Comment on Son’s Facebook regarding ObamaCare
- Can We Stop This Creeping Jihad?
- Terrorism in Egypt under Muslim Brotherhood is being rejected
- Baby Jihad or Jihad by birth rate
- Our Wives Are In Charge HVAC Service
- The Arab World Fears the ‘Safavid’ | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- Report: EU Backing Away from Blacklisting Hezbollah | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam