In the USA, your economic status is NOT determined by the “class” you were born. It is up to each to take the opportunity and make something of it.
I am a success and no one helped me get there. I choose to over come my biological parents, to pursue that which I wanted to have for my life, not that which was foreordained by birth.
My son choose another path to improve upon what I had chosen and overcoming the limitations of his birth mother. If I had not chosen more for myself, my children would have grown up dirt poor in the projects of Hartford.
If my son had not chosen more, he wouldn’t have accomplished all he has. I instilled a desire for more in him as his birthright, but he chose to make it a reality. No one made him strive. He overcame on his own.
Granted, many are suffering due to many bad choices of their own AND the cradle to grave coddling of the government. A few years back, there was a pulling of all 5th graders in a major metropolitian area (Chicago I think) and fully 1/3 stated theoccupation of their parents (many times single mother homes) was welfare. They had NO idea that people are suppose to WORK to live and are not entitled to a monthly cash check and “food stamps”.
They ARE not sentenced to that life IF they chose not to have it.
This relates to the issue in Arizona in which people making bad choices have a reduction of $50 in (my tax paid for) subsidies (benefits are earned not given by the government). In a discussion on facebook, I stated that I have no problem reducing the benefits for people who are grossly overweight (if not caused by a real medical condition), smokers, alcohol abuse, drug abuse. I do NOT pay taxes so people can have a “career” of welfare, get fat eating chips and drinking soda, smoke cigarettes, abuse drugs and alcohol, etc which raises MY taxes in higher medical subsidies. PERSONAL responsibility! The job of government is NOT to take care of a person from cradle to grave!
- Admonish One Another
- Comment on Son’s Facebook regarding ObamaCare
- Can We Stop This Creeping Jihad?
- Terrorism in Egypt under Muslim Brotherhood is being rejected
- Baby Jihad or Jihad by birth rate
- Our Wives Are In Charge HVAC Service
- The Arab World Fears the ‘Safavid’ | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- Report: EU Backing Away from Blacklisting Hezbollah | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam