Israel assists first-ever Gaza spice export
In addition to the usual agricultural exports – such as peppers, tomatoes, strawberries and flowers – Gaza farmers are for the first time exporting herbs and spices.
(Communicated by COGAT, IDF Spokesperson)
Gaza farmers successfully completed their inaugural herb and spice export through the Kerem Shalom Crossing with the export of one ton of basil. Gaza farmers are adding spices to a growing list of agricultural exports, which until now has included peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, and flowers.
The new export is a significant accomplishment for Gaza farmers and merchants, as the average revenue per spice truck is roughly 40,000 NIS, compared with approximately 25,000 NIS per truck of other heavier produce.
The entire project was initiated by the Gaza District Coordination and Liaison Office and coordinated with the Khan Younis Association and the Arava Export Growers as a part of the Israel’s ongoing support for agricultural development in the Gaza Strip. Farmers in Gaza were given training sessions on how to grow herbs and spices and were then provided with seedlings from Israel. Care was taken at the Kerem Shalom Crossing to ensure that the produce underwent inspection in refrigerated conditions in order as not to harm the produce.
The first export consisted of one truck carrying a ton of densely packed spices. The spice export will continue throughout the season via the Kerem Shalom crossing. Last year agricultural exports from Gaza totaled some 460 tons of strawberries, 160 tons of tomatoes, 58 tons of peppers and 8.8 million units of flowers. The spices will be exported to the European market.
See on www.mfa.gov.il
No comments yet.
- Admonish One Another
- Comment on Son’s Facebook regarding ObamaCare
- Can We Stop This Creeping Jihad?
- Terrorism in Egypt under Muslim Brotherhood is being rejected
- Baby Jihad or Jihad by birth rate
- Our Wives Are In Charge HVAC Service
- The Arab World Fears the ‘Safavid’ | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- Report: EU Backing Away from Blacklisting Hezbollah | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com
- The not defendable borders of lesser Israel
- Allah and Muhammad quote Babylonian Talmud instead of Hebrew Scriptures
- Prominent U.S. Imam: New Caliphate Should Wage Jihad
- Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a Muslim Terrorist
- Business Services – Temporary Posts
- Christianity / God
- Daily Gospel
- Just Because :-)
- Pending Classification
- Societal / Cultural Issues
- Understanding Islam